New Meadows Idaho
Zims Hot SpringsNew Meadows, ID
The beautiful little town of New Meadows is located just 12 miles northwest of McCall, with the picturesque mountains and forests of Western Idaho nearby.
- Hells Canyon, two state parks, three national forests, and two ski areas are all within 40 miles of this tiny Western Idaho town.
- Just 12 miles northwest of McCall via scenic Highway 55.
- Surrounded by forested foothills, snowcapped mountains, and beautiful green meadows.
- Home of the last Pacific and Idaho Northern Railroad Depot.
New Meadows Idaho is located on the edge of scenic Meadows Valley. The Little Salmon River flows nearby, and McCall is just a few minutes away on Highway 55. With a population of just over 500 people, this idyllic little community enjoys spectacular views of snow-capped mountains, thick forest, and lush green valley. Two ski areas, two state parks, Hells Canyon Recreation Area, and three national forests are all within 40 miles of this charming town.
New Meadows ID is located at the junction of Highway 55 and Highway 95 a few miles northwest of McCall.
Services & Amenities
Lodging options in this tiny town include a historic B&B and nearby motel. Dining options include a handful of restaurants and fast food places.
Golfers can enjoy 18 holes of golf on a championship course surrounded by gently rolling meadows and towering pines. Hikers and mountain bikers can explore nearby trails that wind through the forested foothills. Whitewater enthusiasts can float down the Salmon River. History lovers will enjoy the Pacific and Idaho Northern (PIN) Railroad Depot, the last of its kind.
- Zim’s Hot Springs – This natural hot springs is open year round and is the perfect place to relax and recoup from the day’s activities.
- Brundage Mountain Resort – Just a few miles southeast of New Meadows, this popular ski resort is known for some of the best snow in Idaho with over 320 inches each year.
- Hells Canyon – To the east of New Meadows is this vast, majestic canyon – the deepest in North America.
To get to McCall from New Meadows go southeast on Hwy 55. It is about 12 miles. Along the way you might glimpse some of the local wildlife including bald eagles, red-tailed hawk, osprey, moose, deer, and elk.