If you’re looking for the adventure of a lifetime, there are several scenic rivers near McCall that boast some of the best whitewater rapids in the entire Northwest.
- Idaho is known for some of the best whitewater in the country.
- Payette River rafting includes a famous 15-mile run that’s for experts only.
- Take an exciting guided float trip through North America’s deepest river gorge.
- Just north of McCall is Riggins – the Whitewater Capital of America.
There is nothing more thrilling than floating over whitewater rapids while surrounded by Idaho’s breathtaking scenery. Idaho not only boasts some of the best whitewater in the country, but Riggins, north of McCall on the Salmon River, is known as the Whitewater Capital of America. Whether you’re fairly new to the sport and still learning the ropes, or an expert who can skillfully navigate the most challenging rapids, the rivers near McCall have something for you. Even if you’ve never rafted before, there are plenty of highly skilled local guides who can take you on an exciting whitewater expedition that you’ll never forget.
Where to Go Whitewater Rafting
- Salmon River – This is one of Idaho’s most popular rivers summer and early fall float trips. Rapids range from gentle Class I to challenging Class IV, and calm pools are found between the rapids. Rafters often camp out along its sandy banks.
- Little Salmon River – This scenic river is known for some of the Northwest’s most spectacular rapids.
- Payette River – Offering a wide range of rapids, the north fork has a renowned Class V run that stretches for 15 miles.
- Snake River – Boasting some excellent Class V rapids, this river attracts many world class rafters. It also has several Class II and III rapids such as Water Spout and Rush Creek. One of its popular Class IV rapids is Granite Creek. Nothing quite compares with floating the Snake through Hells Canyon, which is deeper than the Grand Canyon.
Guided Tours & Rentals
For a safe and exciting float trip on the best rapids, be sure to explore the whitewater outfitters and guides listed on this page.
Share Your Thoughts
- Guides & Tours
- Hiking & Backpacking
- Horseback Riding
- Horse Pack Trips
- Whitewater Rafting
- Scenic Float Trips
- Boating & Sailing
- ATV / Offroad
- Outdoor Rentals
- Kayak & Canoe
- Golf Courses
- Wilderness Outfitters
- Motorcycle Tours
- Zipline Tours
- Chairlift Rides
- Kids Summer Fun
- Camping & RV
Sign Up for Specials & Travel Updates
Your email is safe with us.