The bucolic town of Council is tucked away in one of Western Idaho’s beautiful valleys just southwest of McCall.
- A small agricultural town nestled in a lush green valley of western Idaho.
- A scenic 37 mile drive from McCall, via Hwy 55 and Hwy 95.
- Not far from the famous Weiser River Trail, popular Brundage Mountain Ski Resort, and majestic Hells Canyon.
Nestled in the verdant valley of western Idaho several miles southwest of McCall is the rural, picturesque town of Council Idaho. With just under 1,000 residents, this scenic area includes a variety of trails for biking and hiking, a nearby ski resort, and a public golf course. Visitors and residents alike can enjoy the tranquility and beauty of this agricultural community not far from Payette National Forest.
Council, ID is approximately 37 miles southwest of McCall, in Council Valley Idaho.
Services & Amenities – This small town has a hotel, two B&Bs, and RV parks for lodging. Dining options include a few restaurants.
While you’re visiting Council, enjoy some of the local hospitality at one of the town’s restaurants. If the weather’s nice, spend a relaxing afternoon playing golf at the municipal golf course. The town also offers a variety of fun family-oriented annual events including the Council Quilt Show, the annual Classic Car Show, Fourth of July Porcupine Race, Adams County Fair and Rodeo, and the Council Mountain Music Festival
- Weiser River Trail - Idaho's longest continuous trail runs through Council along the Weiser River. The 84 mile trail winds between rolling hills, open plains and forested land as it makes its way between Weiser and Rubicon. Open all year to biking, hiking, horseback riding and cross-country skiing, the Weiser River Trail is composed of mellow two track trail, converted from an old Union Pacific rail line.
- Hells Canyon – This magnificent canyon is an incredible place to visit for rafting, fishing, and hiking. The deepest river-cut gorge on the continent, Hells Canyon stretches along the border of Idaho and Oregon. It boasts beautiful, rugged terrain and an incredible array of spectacular wildlife.
- Brundage Mountain Resort - Just an hour and a half northeast of Council is Brundage Mountain. With over 320 inches of fresh powder each year and breathtaking mountain scenery; this is one of central Idaho's most popular ski resorts.
To get to McCall from Council, head north on Hwy 95 to New Meadows, then go southeast on Hwy 55 to McCall. The drive is about 37 miles and takes just under 50 minutes. Along the way there are plenty of beautiful places in the Payette National forest to stop for a hike or a picnic. Enjoy a game of golf on a championship course in Meadows, or take a relaxing soak in nearby Zim’s Hot Springs.
- Cascade Public Library
The Cascade Public Library serves the community and educational needs of Cascade, Idaho.
- Council Valley Free Library
The Council Valley Free Library is a public library that serves the needs of Council, Idaho.
- Council, Idaho
Council, Idaho has a population of 800 residents and is located in western Idaho in Adams County.