- One of Idaho’s largest lakes, the winds create excellent conditions for windsurfing and sailing in the summer.
- Plenty of nearby trails are great for hiking, biking, and wildlife viewing.
- Just a half hour drive from McCall along scenic Highway 55.
- Winter recreation includes ice fishing, cross country skiing, and snowmobiling.
Just 29 miles south of McCall is the picturesque resort town of Cascade and the scenic Lake Cascade State park. Both locals and tourists enjoy the endless array of year round recreation available at this beautiful park on Idaho’s fourth largest lake. Perfect for sailing, windsurfing, boating, hiking, and biking in the summer, the park also offers excellent cross country skiing and ice fishing on the lake in the winter.
Location & Information
Lake Cascade State Park Idaho is about a half hour drive from McCall just off Highway 55. The address is 970 Dam Road, Cascade, Idaho.
Contact information: Phone - 208-382-6544. Visit the website here.
- On the lake - While most types of boating are popular on the 41 square miles of sparkling Lake Cascade, prevailing winds make the area an excellent spot for sailing and windsurfing. With ice fishing in the winter, the lake offers anglers year round opportunities to catch rainbow trout, perch, Coho salmon, crappie, catfish, and smallmouth bass.
- Nearby trails – The surrounding 4,450 acres of beautiful forest and hills surrounding the lake have plenty of trails for hiking and biking.
- Wildlife viewing – Lake Cascade State Park is a great place to come view wildlife. In addition to the deer, elk, moose and bears native to the area, you might also catch a glimpse of one of the elusive wolves that inhabit the area. A large number of birds of prey and songbirds can also be seen.
- Winter recreation – Cross country skiing and snowmobiling are popular activities during the colder, snowy months in this alpine park.
- Lake Cascade is the fourth largest lake in Idaho, with 86 miles of scenic shoreline.
- Over 300,000 people visit the lake each year.
- The lake has 6 boat ramps from which to launch.
- Two group camping options are available in the area, and several local campgrounds provide 200 individual campsites.