- Ride along a scenic stretch that takes you between two of Idaho’s spectacular wilderness areas.
- Travel the deepest motorcycle route in the country through the magnificent Hells Canyon.
- Head south from McCall through two national forests on the Payette Scenic Byway.
- Hire an experienced guide for a memorable Idaho motorcycle tour.
Nothing is more exhilarating than feeling the rush of fresh mountain air on your face as you tour the beauty of Idaho via motorcycle. Plan a trip during the summer or early fall when weather and road conditions are the most favorable, wildlife viewing is at its best, and the scenery is the most vivid. Whether you’re riding on winding mountain roads surrounded by thick forest or exploring the remote trails of vast wilderness areas, a motorcycle tour through McCall and the surrounding area will provide an exciting and memorable adventure.
Where to Go on Your Motorcycle Tour
- Hells Canyon Scenic Byway – This spectacular stretch of road provides breathtaking views of this magnificent canyon.
- Lake Cascade – Enjoy a ride on trails near this big sparkling lake – the fourth largest in Idaho – just south of McCall.
- Sage Hen Reservoir – This pristine alpine lake south of McCall has several old logging trails designated for motorcycles and ATVs. Towering ponderosa pines and majestic mountain ridges provide beautiful scenery for riders.
- Payette Scenic Byway - This picturesque byway starts in Eagle, Idaho, and follows Hwy 55 north, taking you through two beautiful national forests. It passes through McCall and ends in New Meadows.
- The Devil’s Tail in Hells Canyon – This famous motorcycle route attracts riders from around the world. It is North America’s deepest motorcycle route.
- Ponderosa Pine Scenic Byway – You’ll ride between two spectacular wilderness areas on this route – the vast Frank Church River of No Return Wilderness and the Sawtooth Wilderness Area.
Guided Tours & Rentals
While you’re planning your motorcycle trip, be sure to check out the motorcycle shops and outfitters on this page to provide you with the best tips, gear, and routes.