Situated in the beautiful, majestic mountains of central Idaho, you will find year round activities and recreation.
YEAR ROUND activities include -
- Hot Springs – Idaho has a high level of geo-thermal activity offering visitors to this area fantastic natural hot springs. Some of the hot springs are easily accessible by car, while others will require you to do some hiking.
- Museums – The regional museum is located in McCall, just a few miles further north. Here you will find historical exhibits and a multitude of artifacts demonstrating the way life was in this area in the early 1900’s.
- Scenic Flights - Scenic flights are available year-round. If you think this part of Idaho is breath taking from the ground, wait until you see it from the air!
During the WINTER months, you can enjoy -
- Skiing/Snowboarding - The mountains of Central Idaho are blessed with great amounts of Rocky Mountain powder. The ski slopes in the area have wonderful snow conditions, perfect for downhill skiing and snowboarding. There are also wonderful places to cross-country ski.
- Snowmobiling - The mountains of Central Idaho offer over 800 miles of groomed snowmobile trails. Groomed trails are there for those who prefer them and thousands of acres are available for those who would rather be challenged by the local terrain.
- Snowtubing - Not a skier or a snowmobiler? Then try bouncing along the top of the flaky white stuff on a comfortable, air-inflated tube. Specially made tubes provide you a cushioned ride as you race down the mountain.
SUMMER activities are many and varied.
- Boating - Whether you are a novice wakeboarder or an experienced water skier, there is plenty of water near Cascade where you can refine your sport. On the other hand, you may prefer to simply ride in a boat and enjoy the tranquility of being surrounded by spectacular scenery and calming water.
- Camping - The beauty of the Cascade area includes the Ponderosa Pine forests of the Payette River to small rivers and streams that flow into the Salmon and Boise Rivers. Camping is a wonderful way to enjoy the splendor of the area.
- Chairlift Rides - What was once covered with snow, takes on a completely new appearance during the warmer summer months. Take a chair lift ride and view the mountainsides and wildlife from a completely new perspective.
- Fishing - With 92 lakes and 169 streams within a 50-mile radius of town, Cascade offers a wide variety of fishing opportunities.
- Golf – The nine hole gold course adjoining the shore of Cascade Lake provides a challenging game and great views of West Mountain.
- Hiking - With nearly 4.5 million acres of forestland surrounding it, Cascade has a multitude of wonderful opportunities for day hikes and overnight backpacking.
- Horseback Riding - There is nothing quite like enjoying the views of the mountains, rivers and valley atop a horse. The easy pace and patient demeanor of a horse adds to the solace and majesty of the area.
- Mountain Biking - With the local mountain biking trails, varying in degrees of difficulty you can enjoy a leisurely jaunt or an extreme one. Bike rentals are available locally.
- Whitewater Rafting - Whitewater rafting has become the premier way to explore and experience the beauty, isolation and excitement of this area of Idaho. There are so many different ways to enjoy the area, but this is one of the most exciting.