- Whitewater rafting in Hells Canyon takes you through the deepest canyon in North America.
- The Snake River boasts rapids ranging from Class II to expert-only Class V.
- Numerous local guides offer whitewater rafting trips.
Whitewater rafting is one of the most popular activities in the summer at Hells Canyon. Rafting provides and incredible thrill as the roaring waters of the mighty Snake River sweep you through the deepest canyon in North America. Expert rafters come from all over to enjoy the extremely challenging Class V rapids, while non-experts can enjoy an exciting ride on the river’s Class II through Class IV rapids, depending on skill level. Whether you spend one day or several on the water, you won’t forget the breathtaking excitement of your Hells Canyon white water rafting excursion.
Where to go Whitewater Rafting
- Granite Creek and Wild Sheep are two of the best Class IV rapids.
- Rush Creek, Water Spout, the Imnaha, and Bernard Creek consist of fun Class II and III
- Fourmile to Speculator Creek varies from Class III to Class V rapids.
Certain days during the summer are designated for rafting only, so floaters can enjoy the river without sharing it with jet boats. However, if your raft flips over, it can be very handy to have jet boaters come along and help you out!
Guided Tours & Rentals
Be sure to consider booking a Hells Canyon whitewater rafting trip provided by one of the highly experienced local guides listed on this webpage.