- Gold Fork River is just a few miles south of McCall near Donnelly and Cascade.
- There are plenty of recreational opportunities all year round.
- The river is stocked with rainbow trout every summer.
The Gold Fork River flows through an incredibly scenic part of central Idaho. Surrounded by beautiful meadows and forest, this small river is definitely worth a visit. The small town of Donnelly, Lake Cascade, and Tamarack Ski Resort are all nearby, providing an abundance of recreational fun all year round. You can hike, mountain bike, camp, or fish during the warmer months, or snowmobile and ski during the winter months. It’s a great place to enjoy nature at its best any time of the year.
Location & Information
Gold Fork River is south of McCall, near Donnelly and Cascade.
For more information contact the Donnelly Chamber of Commerce at 208-325-8271.
Fishing - In early July, the Idaho Fish and Game Department stocks the river with rainbow trout, making it a great place to go fishing.
Gold Fork Hot Springs – This mineral rich hot springs is open year round. There are six different pools in a spectacular setting. There’s even a wading pool for children.
Hiking and Mountain Biking – There are numerous maintained trails in the surrounding area, perfect for hiking or mountain biking while you take in the gorgeous scenery.
Skiing and Snowmobiling – During the winter, this area is excellent for cross-country skiing and snowmobiling.
Huckleberry picking – From the middle of July through August, bring your pale and pick huckleberries to your heart’s content.
- The nearby town of Roseberry is known for its historic buildings, including the General Store.
- Lake Cascade, which is close by, freezes over in the winter providing an excellent place to backcountry ski and ice fish.