- Plenty of recreational fun all year round.
- A beautiful alpine lake surrounded by lush forest and an abundance of wildlife.
- Only 1.5 hour drive from McCall.
- Located in the heart of the scenic Boise National Forest.
Nestled in the Boise National Forest southeast of McCall is Warm Lake. Surrounded by beautiful spruce, fir, and towering old growth Ponderosa pine, this picturesque location provides year round recreation, making it a great place for the entire family. You can enjoy hiking, camping, fishing, skiing, and even Igloo building. End the day with a relaxing soak in one of the nearby natural hot springs. Your time spent at Warm Lake, Idaho will definitely be memorable.
Location & Information
Warm Lake, ID is located about 53 miles southeast of McCall. To get there, take Hwy 55 south to Cascade, - then head east on Warm Lake Road – the lake is 25 miles ahead. The drive takes about 1.5 hours.
Contact Information: Cascade Ranger District Phone: (208) 382-7400
Summer – During the warmer months, Warm Lake offers many activities including swimming, hiking, camping, boating, fishing, mountain biking, ATV riding, and horseback riding. While exploring the trails watch for native wildlife including deer, elk, fox, osprey, grosbeak, and eagles.
Winter – When it’s cold and snow covers the ground, enjoy miles of groomed trails for cross country skiing and snowmobiling. Ice fishing, snowshoeing, and Igloo building are also popular winter activities.
- The abundance of wildlife in the area makes it a popular destination for hunters.
- You can access Warm Lake in the winter, but chains are often required.
- Other native wildlife includes otters, grouse, bears, whooping cranes, and moose.
- Warm Lake’s elevation is just under 5,300 feet.